The health and wellbeing industry is booming on the Sunshine Coast, propelled by the development of the $5 billion Sunshine Coast Health Precinct, Australia’s largest health infrastructure project.
Sunshine Coast is a recognised lifestyle region and an emerging economic powerhouse. The health and wellbeing industry is the largest employer in the region, with 2,000 businesses employing 25,000 people.
The current catchment area of 2.4 million people is expected to significantly increase by 2041 offering unprecedented opportunities for health and wellbeing investment.
The $5 billion Sunshine Coast Health Precinct
State-of-the-art teaching hospital
Key capital investment projects are changing the face of the Sunshine Coast and paving the way for a stronger economy. Emerging opportunities include:
- Research centres of excellence including the development of the Sunshine Coast Health Institute embedded in the Sunshine Coast University Hospital.
- Wellness in aged care: programs, research, education, technology and facilities to support ageing well for Australia’s rapidly growing ageing population.
- Health and wellbeing digital solutions: digital health technology platforms and applications providing connected access to healthcare and innovative solutions to in-home care and national health challenges.
The Health Hub
The 17-hectare Health Hub is a greenfield health and medical precinct being created in a stunning waterfront position and offering investors a strategic opportunity to locate next to two university hospitals and an emerging town centre.
The Health Hub provides up to 32,000m2 of dedicated health and medical space, residential accommodation and mixed-use facilities.
Commercial opportunities to invest in sites for medical and allied health services, research, education and accommodation including:
- Leasing in purpose designed premises.
- Purchasing strata-titled premises.
- Securing a site to develop a custom-designed building.
Investment in health and wellbeing
Sunshine Coast’s strong population growth is driving demand for health and wellbeing services, adding value to the Sunshine Coast Health precinct as an attractive proposition for investment opportunities.
Dynamic and innovative health, medical and research organisations are invited to hear more about opportunities by contacting Sunshine Coast Council’s Economic Development branch.