Sunshine Coast residents have access to world-class healthcare services.
The region is home to approximately 2000 healthcare businesses, 500+ general practitioners, 300 private specialists and 110+ primary care practices.
The Sunshine Coast is also home to Australia’s largest health precinct development project, which has seen the construction of two new hospitals in the past decade, each providing state-of-the-art healthcare.
Key hospital and specialist facilities are located at Caloundra, Kawana, Birtinya, Nambour, Buderim and Maroochydore.
Sunshine Coast hospitals
- Caloundra Health Service (hub for palliative care and ophthalmology)
- Caloundra Private Day Hospital
- Nambour General Hospital
- Nambour Selangor Private Hospital
- Buderim Private Hospital (24hr private emergency centre)
- Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital
- Sunshine Coast University Hospital (major public hospital in the region)
- Kawana Private Hospital
- Sunshine Coast Day Surgery
- Maleny Soldiers Memorial Hospital
Find out more about the health and wellbeing industry
The Sunshine Coast Health Precinct is the epicentre of a $5 billion health infrastructure development. Set to make a significant economic impact with a contribution of $3.2 billion to the Sunshine Coast economy and an ongoing $447 million annually after completion.
Find out more about investment opportunities for health industry businesses, innovators and entrepreneurs.