- Last updated:
- 16 May 2017
The Sunshine Coast Health Precinct is the largest health infrastructure asset currently being developed in Australia. The Sunshine Coast Health Campus incorporates the Sunshine Coast University Hospital and the Sunshine Coast Health Institute co-located with the Ramsay-owned University Private Hospital. The health campus is adjacent to the Health Hub which offers specialist support and together will contribute an estimated A$3.2 billion to the Sunshine Coast economy and a further A$447 million per year thereafter from operations (Urbis, 2012).
Adjacent to the Sunshine Coast Health Campus is a greenfield health and medical precinct, offering the strategic opportunity to be located next to the university hospitals and an emerging town centre in a stunning waterfront position.
The 17 hectare Health Hub provides up to 32,000 square metres of dedicated health and medical space in addition to residential accommodation and mixed-use facilities. All land uses within the Health Hub are intended to support the functioning of the university hospitals.
The Health Hub is located in an idyllic waterfront position and is connected by public transport including a major bus station and dedicated multi-storey parking station. Developments within the Health Hub include an allied health commercial office building, specialist consulting suites, a vertical aged-care facility, an 80 room Best Western Plus hotel, a childcare facility and retail offerings.
Lots within the Health Hub are now selling, with some sites already sold and facilities under construction.
- The Health Hub is offering opportunities to invest in sites for medical and allied health services, research and accommodation
- Opportunities to invest include:
- leasing in purpose designed premises
- purchasing strata-titled premises
- securing a site to develop a custom designed building
- Further commercial opportunities exist within the future Oceanside Town Centre, located within walking distance of the Sunshine Coast Health Campus and Health Hub.
Contacts for further information