Council worked with leading business, industry and the Queensland Government to develop the Sunshine Coast - The Natural Advantage: Regional Economic Development Strategy 2013-2033.
The strategy provides a 20-year vision and blueprint for sustainable economic growth to ensure the region actively participates in the global economy and delivers the lifestyle and opportunities for residents and businesses alike.
This strategy is the first of its kind for the Sunshine Coast. Regional business and industry leaders and council have created a bold plan and actions for a stronger economy for our region.
- $33 billion economy. Almost triple what it is now
- 100,000 new jobs in high-value industries
- 20% of goods and services produced for export
- household incomes that exceed the Queensland average.
Learn more about the strategy
- Sunshine Coast—The Natural Advantage: Regional Economic Development Strategy 2013-2033
- Sunshine Coast – The Natural Advantage: Regional Economic Development Strategy Summary
- Sunshine Coast – The Natural Advantage: Regional Economic Development Strategy Research Compendium
- Building a New Economy Infographic
Building blocks for a smart economy
strong leadership embracing collaboration, agility and a determination to succeed
capital investment in regional infrastructure projects to support growth and competitiveness
investment in high-value industries that generate enduring employment and promote innovation
local to global connections to growth markets and with products and services where the region has a clear competitive advantage
the talent and skills of its workforce and the contribution of community members.
The REDS Implementation Report Card highlights achievements in the first five years, concluding on 30 June 2018.
For more information, contact Economic Development on +61 407 753 645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org