- Last updated:
- 01 Apr 2020
The Maroochydore City Centre in the heart of the Sunshine Coast is the ideal location for companies seeking CBD offices in one of Australia's fastest growing regions.
Declared a Priority Development Area by the Queensland Government, the Maroochydore City Centre is expected to service a wider catchment of over two million people by 2030.
The new city centre will have state-of-the art technology providing digital solutions for street lighting, car parking, water, power and signage, and will be serviced by Australia’s first underground vacuum system for automated waste collection.
From 2020 it will also offer Australia’s fastest international data connection to Asia from the east coast via the new international broadband submarine cable connecting directly to the Maroochydore City Centre.
The new Maroochydore City Centre will create an energetic commercial and city lifestyle with night life, event venues, al fresco dining, boulevard shopping, urban recreation, community facilities and water’s edge experiences.
Maroochydore City Centre will be serviced by frequent and reliable public transport, with a transit plaza providing direct access to business, retail, dining and residential precincts.
This unparalleled development represents a region coming of age, attracting a new wave of residents, businesses and skilled workers who enjoy having first class facilities on their doorstep.
Located just one hour from the Queensland capital, 10 minutes from Sunshine Coast International Airport and five minutes from world-class beaches, Maroochydore City Centre will feature:
- prime commercial office space
- high speed broadband internet
- exclusive retail
- fine dining
- entertainment facilities
- new waterways
- interconnected open space
- recreational spaces
- a premium hotel
- an entertainment, convention and exhibition centre.
The development scheme for the Maroochydore City Centre offers business and investors:
- 150,000m2 commercial gross floor area
- 65,000m2 retail gross floor area
- 4,000 residential apartments.
Expressions of interest for balance land development
In May 2019, SunCentral invited Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced development and capital groups or consortia interested in undertaking and facilitating the development of all or part of this major urban regeneration opportunity for Precincts 3-7 which comprise 121,210m2 of pre-approved developable land.
Expressions of Interest closed 30 August 2019.
- 53-hectare site planned for development over 20 years
- 40% of the site to be parks and waterways
- Development scheme approved and in place
- Streamlined development assessment process and no third party appeals for development, consistent with the Maroochydore Priority Development Area Development Scheme.
- Significant development progress has been made in the Core Business Precinct (Precinct 3) including:
- Access roads, footpaths, kerbing, landscaping and smart city infrastructure
- The Urban Square
- Fibre optic cables, Wi-Fi hardware and parking sensors
- Automated Waste Collection System (AWCS) pipework has been installed, the AWCS Transfer Station will be complete mid-2020
- Key roads within the precinct were officially opened to the public at a People's Day event on 10 August 2019.
- Council has announced it will establish its new nine-level city hall building in this precinct and will occupy the premises, offering 9,400m2 of gross floor area by July 2022. This represents an immediate commitment by a major tenant, with up to 600 council staff expected to occupy the building.
- Construction is advanced on an eight-storey commercial building consisting of 4500m2 of office space with a project value of A$30 million. This building is owned by Evans Long and planned to be completed and occupied in September 2020.
- In November 2018, Brisbane-based Habitat Development Group announced it would deliver a residential development of 152 apartments (project value A$83 million). Construction will commence early 2020.
- In July 2019, developer Pro-invest announced it proposed to construct a nine-storey, 167 room Holiday Inn Express international hotel in the new city centre – making it the first new hotel in three decades on the Sunshine Coast. Construction has commenced and is anticipated to be completed by early 2021.
- The Maroochydore City Centre PDA Development Scheme will also include community facilities and an entertainment precinct (Precinct 2) where a planned premium hotel with adjacent convention and exhibition facilities will be located.
Contact for investment enquiries
SunCentral Maroochydore Pty Ltd
Phone: +617 5452 7274