- Last updated:
- 26 Jun 2019
The Maroochydore City Centre in the heart of the Sunshine Coast is the ideal location for companies seeking CBD offices in one of Australia's fastest growing regions.
Declared a Priority Development Area by the Queensland Government, the Maroochydore City Centre is expected to service a wider catchment of over two million people by 2030.
The new city centre will have state-of- the art technology providing digital solutions for street lighting, car parking, water, power and signage, and will be serviced by Australia’s first underground vacuum system for automated waste collection.
By 2020 it will also offer Australia’s fastest international data connection to Asia from the east coast via the new international broadband submarine cable connecting directly to the Maroochydore City Centre.
The new Maroochydore City Centre will create an energetic commercial and city lifestyle with night life, event venues, al fresco dining, boulevard shopping, urban recreation, community facilities and water’s edge experiences.
Maroochydore City centre will be serviced by frequent and reliable public transport, with a transit plaza providing direct access to business, retail, dining and residential precincts.
This unparalleled development represents a region coming of age, attracting a new wave of residents, businesses and skilled workers who enjoy having first class facilities on their doorstep.
Located just one hour from the Queensland capital, 10 minutes from Sunshine Coast Airport and five minutes from world-class beaches, Maroochydore City centre will feature:
- prime commercial office space
- exclusive retail
- fine dining
- entertainment facilities
- new waterways
- interconnected open space
- recreational spaces
- a premium hotel
- an entertainment, convention and exhibition centre.
The development scheme for the Maroochydore City centre offers business and investors:
- 150,000m2 commercial gross floor area
- 65,000m2 retail gross floor area
- 2,000 residential apartments.
Expressions of interest for balance land development (May – August 2019)
In May 2019, SunCentral invited Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced development and capital groups or consortia interested in undertaking and facilitating the development of all or part of this major urban regeneration opportunity for Precincts 3-7 which comprise 121,210m2 of pre-approved developable land.
SunCentral is committed to working with organisations and consortia to create a flexible, attractive and mutually beneficial commercial arrangement for progressive delivery of developments within the project. For further information visit maroochydore-city.com.au
Expressions of Interest close 30 August 2019.
- 53-hectare site planned for development over 20 years
- 40% of the site to be parks and waterways
- Development scheme approved and in place
- Streamlined development assessment process and no third party appeals for development, consistent with the Maroochydore Priority Development Area Development Scheme.
- Significant development progress has been made in the Core Business Precinct (Precinct 3) including access roads, footpaths, kerbing, landscaping and smart city infrastructure. Several roads in this precinct are due to open in the second half of 2019.
- Council has announced it will establish its new nine-level city hall building in this precinct and will occupy the premises, offering 9,400m2 of gross floor area by July 2022. This represents an immediate commitment by a major tenant, with up to 600 council staff expected to occupy the building.
- In June 2018, Evans Long announced it would construct an eight-storey commercial building consisting of 4500m2 of office space with a project value of A$30 million. In November 2018, Brisbane-based Habitat Development Group announced it would deliver a residential development of 152 apartments (project value A$83 million).
- The Maroochydore City Centre PDA Development Scheme will also include community facilities and an entertainment precinct (Precinct 2) where a planned premium hotel with adjacent convention and exhibition facilities will be located.
Contact for investment enquiries
SunCentral Maroochydore Pty Ltd
Phone: +617 5452 7274