- Last updated:
- 21 Jun 2019
The Sunshine Coast economy has changed significantly during the past 30 years. The region’s population has grown substantially and urban development has increased. The economy is now worth approximately A$13 billion (economy.id).
Equipped with the right building blocks and supported by the right actions, the Sunshine Coast can:
- continue to evolve its economy
- achieve a competitive place in national and global markets.
The Sunshine Coast is charting a new direction for its economy over the next 20 years. This economy:
- is responsive to market demand
- will deliver greater opportunities for the region and its community.
A range of capital projects are already in the pipeline - or planned for future development across the Sunshine Coast. Some of the projects include:
- the new tertiary hospital
- the expansion of the Sunshine Coast Airport
- the undersea cable
- the new city centre in Maroochydore.