Permits and licences for businesses
  • Last updated:
  • 24 Apr 2019

South East Queensland councils have standardised the information and requirements for:

  • permits
  • licences
  • approvals
  • registrations.

To reduce the burden and cost of compliance for businesses, Toolbox lists how to apply for and comply with permits and licences. This includes:

  • application forms
  • fact sheets
  • case studies
  • training materials
  • courses.

You can obtain this information on the Toolbox website. The following links will take you directly to the relevant Toolbox webpage.

Fixed (i.e. shop)

Mobile (i.e. vehicle)

Temporary (i.e. stall)

Food safety training

Food safety supervisor

Water carriers

Caravan parks

Commercial swimming pools

Flammable and combustible liquids

Environmentally relevant activities

Personal appearance services (i.e tattooist, beauty therapist, hairdresser etc.)

Footpath dining / Goods on footpaths

Film production

Holding an event

Roadside vending

Street stalls

Commercial use of community land

Advertising signs

Entertainment venues

Home based activities


Rental accommodation

Pollution - air

Pollution - noise

Pollution - water

Public health risk

Waste transportation


For more information, please contact council's customer service centre. You can also visit the Toolbox website for detailed information, forms and policies.