- Thursday 24 June 2021
Upgrading the bridge and boardwalk in the Yaroomba Bushland Park, renewing the amenities block at Mudjimba Beach Holiday Park, and renewing shelters at Waalum Park at Mount Coolum are among the Sunshine Coast Council 2021/22 Budget highlights for Division 8.
Divisional councillor Jason O’Pray said council’s $816 million budget included a diverse and valuable mix of projects to create a safer, secure future across the region.
“I’m very pleased to see $370,000 has been allocated to replace and renew the bridge and boardwalk in Yaroomba Bushland Park, a hidden gem of an environmental reserve off Neurum Road,” Cr O’Pray said.
“This upgrade will ensure that accessibility throughout this surprising bushland oasis is maintained, whether people come to enjoy it with prams, wheelchairs, bicycles or with four-legged friends on leads.
“Another popular little community park, Waalum Park at Mount Coolum, will also greatly benefit from new shelters and picnic tables and seats.
“Council’s skilled Landscape Design staff have consulted with enthusiastic representatives from the Seaside Shores Community Association on this project, and it’ll be great to see some of the old timber repurposed in these new structures.
“Council will also invest more than $500,000 on important recreation park and landscape amenity updates across Division 8, benefiting all who come to enjoy our beautiful beaches, playgrounds, and picnic areas.”
“To support the increasing visitor numbers to our region, $800,000 will be invested in the Mudjimba Beach Holiday Park.
“Replacement of the existing amenities building of this much-loved holiday hideaway will bring this facility up to the standard of the rest of the park.”
Council handed down its $816 million budget on June 24.
Visit www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/budget for more information on Sunshine Coast Council’s 2021/22 Budget.
Capital works highlights for Division 8:
- $800,000 to replace amenities building at the Mudjimba Beach Holiday Park
- $620,000 to construct a kerb and channel between Conebush Road to Coolibah Street, Mudjimba
- $370,000 for the bridge and boardwalk renewal in Yaroomba Bushland Park, off Neurum Road, Yaroomba
- $210,000 to renew six shelters in Waalum Park, Mount Coolum
- $200,000 for the revetment renewal along Bradman Ave, Maroochydore
- $130,000 to improve stormwater drainage on School Road and Larkin Street at Maroochydore
- $115,000 to install bridge joints in conjunction with resurfacing of the Lake view Drive Bridge, Twin Waters
- $100,000 to renew the pathway along Bradman Avenue, Maroochydore as part of the staged pathway renewal (extends from Minti Street West to the Maroochy River Boat Ramp)
- $90,000 to install bridge joints in the new asphalt surface of the Duporth Avenue bridge, Maroochydore
- $90,000 for replacement and renewal works on the Warrack Street Park playground at Mount Coolum
- $70,000 for Esperance Drive, Twin Waters pathway renewal
- $70,000 for renewal and landscape works on the Millwell Park and playground at Maroochydore
- $40,000 for Mayflower Park, Maroochydore playground renewal
- $20,000 to construct a new pathway along Runway Drive, Marcoola
- $20,000 for Felix Parry Park, Marcoola barbecue facilities renewal
- $20,000 for Prestwick Drive Park, Twin Waters seat renewal
- $15,000 for North Shore Road, Twin Waters beach shower renewal
- $15,000 to remove bollards and replace seat at Waterlily Place Reserve, Twin Waters
- $10,000 for Birrahl Park, Yaroomba bollard run renewal
- $10,000 for Girl Guide Park in Maroochydore picnic combo renewal
- $8,000 for Karinya Place, Twin Waters seat renewal
- $6,000 for Nautilus Place Park, Twin Waters seat renewal
- $6,000 for The Links Reserve, Twin Waters seat renewal
- $5,000 for Bradman Avenue, Maroochydore staged path renewal design
- $5,000 for Picnic Point Park, Maroochydore seat renewal