- Last updated:
- 23 Oct 2016
Aura, formally known as Caloundra South, is a master planned community to be established on 2,310 hectares south of the existing Caloundra urban area, the Caloundra Aerodrome and the Sunshine Coast Industrial Park.
Aura is the largest residential development project in Australia at this time and, when completed, will provide approximately 20,000 dwellings to house a population of around 50,000 people. Mixed-use activity centres will provide a focus for the community and offer convenient access to retail, services, well-designed civic spaces, community and cultural facilities, as well as providing local employment opportunities.
The creation of Aura is estimated to deliver:
- 20,000 jobs
- expenditure of A$3 billion on civil and infrastructure works during development
- two business and enterprise parks with a Gross Floor Area of up to 650,000 square metres
- 20 education facilities including schools and training institutions
- 700 hectares of conservation and open space, nine sports parks and 200 kilometres of walking and cycling paths.
The first major precinct release at Aura includes opportunities for development across a range of community and commercial uses, including medium-density residential and mixed use, commercial land, a neighbourhood shopping centre site and child care facilities - all adjacent to future education facilities, parks and residential development.
The project will offer:
- 180,000 square metres of retail and commercial space, comprise:
- 90,000 square metre Town Centre retail
- 50,000 square metre Town Centre commercial
- 27,000 square metre retail space provided across 3 district centres and 6 neighbourhood centres
- 14,000 square metre commercial space across 3 district centres and 6 neighbourhood centres
- 590,000 square metres of industry and commercial space
- 60,000 square metres of showroom space.
Contact for commercial opportunities
Senior Economic Development Manager
Level 1, 8 Innovation Parkway Kawana QLD 4575
+617 5491 0100
Contact for industry and investment enquiries
Head of Investment Attraction
Sunshine Coast Council
Phone: +61 407 753 645