- Last updated:
- 31 Aug 2021
Aura is a master planned community being established on 2,310 hectares south of the existing Caloundra urban area, Caloundra Aerodrome and Sunshine Coast Industrial Park.
Aura is the largest residential development project in Australia at this time and will provide approximately 20,000 dwellings for around 50,000 people. Mixed-use activity centres will provide a focus for the community and offer convenient access to retail, services, well-designed civic spaces, community and cultural facilities, as well as local employment opportunities.
- 20,000 jobs
- A$3 billion expenditure on civil and infrastructure works during development
- two business and enterprise parks with a gross floor area of up to 650,000 square metres
- 20 education facilities including schools and training institutions
- 700 hectares of conservation and open space, nine sports parks and 200 km of walking and cycling paths.
Aura Central will be the future heart of Aura and will feature a 90-hectare City Centre, the People’s Place with a South Bank-style parkland, sporting and education, and the residential precinct which is currently under construction.
Aura Central will also incorporate an urban university, two proposed public primary schools and two proposed private schools.
Investment opportunities available within the Aura development and Aura Town Centre include:
- Town Centre retail
- Town Centre commercial
- Retail space in district and neighbourhood centres
- Commercial space in district and neighbourhood centres
- Residential land.
Contact for commercial opportunities
Senior Economic Development Manager
Level 1, 8 Innovation Parkway Kawana QLD 4575
+617 5491 0100
Contact for industry and investment enquiries
Head of Investment Attraction
Sunshine Coast Council
Phone: +61 407 753 645