- Last updated:
- 31 Aug 2021
Long-term vision to improve broadband infrastructure and services comes to fruition
There are many great region-wide programs and initiatives which have contributed to the Sunshine Coast being named a global Top7 Intelligent Community for the second successive year, building on our success as Smart21 community six times in the past seven years.
This first of a series of posts acknowledges the collaboration and ongoing community engagement embodied in our Top7 recognition and the deeper longer lasting effects that will continue to drive outcomes for our region well into the future.
Council's Michael Whereat and Vine Networks CEO Cameron Parsfield talk about our broadband progress to ensure our community remains connected.
The Intelligent Community Awards
The Intelligent Community Forum’s annual awards program recognises those communities who are developing inclusive prosperity on a foundation of information and communications technology across six Intelligent Community categories: broadband, knowledge workforce, innovation, digital inclusion, engagement and sustainability. It provides communities with a platform for attracting international attention, stimulating inward investment and building public support for progress.
The Sunshine Coast is now in the running for the prestigious 2020 Intelligent Community of the Year, to be announced in October.
Read more about the region-wide programs and initiatives across the awards' Intelligent Community indicators:
- Knowledge workforce: creating economic value through knowledge, skills and ability to use information effectively
- Innovation: creating a culture that engages the entire community in positive change
- Digital inclusion: providing access to digital technology and connectivity, and offering digital skills training
- Engagement: building a common understanding of the challenges facing the community and a shared vision for overcoming them
- Sustainability: improving the quality of life for our community.