- Last updated:
- 31 Aug 2021
The Sunshine Coast is rapidly growing a reputation for digital innovation, and is well supported by a strong entrepreneurial, collaborative and increasingly digitally oriented ecosystem.
Download the A magnet for big thinkers, experienced leaders and world class talent brochurewhich showcases our people, innovative and creative industries, and the support available to local entrepreneurs and innovators:
- World class innovation and growth programs: The Sunshine Coast recognises that the region’s future prosperity lies in ideas, innovation and driving entrepreneurialism.
- Digital leadership and future skills development: Innovators from startups to small and medium-sized businesses and larger organisations are nurtured and supported through our talent pipeline and programs such as SunRamp, StartUp Onramp, and Level Up.
- Digital culture, advocacy and collaboration: Entrepreneurs are encouraged, ideas are nurtured through industry collaboration and supported by regional leadership, including the Sunshine Coast Regional Innovation Program.
- Future proofing our next generation: A continued investment in talent and skills is crucial to preparing our workforce with the knowledge and experience they need to compete in a global marketplace.
- Advanced education opportunities: There are more than 80 schools, the University of the Sunshine Coast and CQUniversity, and more than 180 Registered Training Organisations, including TAFE Queensland East Coast, providing students with outstanding study options and exciting career opportunities.
- Infrastructure investment: Sunshine Coast Council is building a new economy based on a clear 20-year economic plan which includes major infrastructure projects such as the International Broadband Submarine Cable, new Maroochydore CBD, Sunshine Coast Airport expansion, Sunshine Coast University Hospital and Sunshine Coast Solar Farm.
- Programs and events: Our future talent is cultivated through a variety of programs, such as Study Sunshine Coast, the Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards, Generation Innovation, Startup Weekend Sunshine Coast and GovHack.